The Student Profiler
The college launched a massive undertaking to obtain insight into student functioning by using the "The student profiler". The college has engaged in a student assessment drive where students have been screened for learning barriers before they enrol for courses. This analyses social factors impacting on student certification, pass and dropout rates.
Poor study skills and socio-economic factors have been identified as a major driver of student failure and dropout. By using the data obtained on every individual, course and campus, the College can now plan for an intervention strategy to address the challenges and these gaps.
Artisanship Development Programmes were launched in April 2014. 26 Artisans had been trained in bricklaying, in fitting and turning and electrical engineering and as part of the "Decade of the Artisan". ADT students are engaged in work experiential learning at Human Settlement Department.
The College in the partnership with locksmith Association of South Africa, Masterkey and SASSETA, launched the Locksmith programme at Mamelodi Campus in October 2014.
40 Students mostly from disadvantaged families and orphanages in and around Mamelodi were registered. The workshop at Mamelodi Campus had been upgraded.
Ford donated a ford Ranger which is utilized at Rosslyn Campus for practical experience in the automotive Workshop.
ZEST WEG Electric (Pty) Ltd donated electrical equipment to the college to be used in electrical workshops at campuses to the value of R 3 773 819.00.
Partnerships had been established with Higher Education Institutions and parastatals: TUT; UNISA; GDE and the City of Tshwane, Bidvest; DTI etc.
Memorandums of understanding had been signed between the College and the following SETA'S and Government Departments:
- Health and welfare SETA - Artisanship programme (100 students)
- The Department of Rural Development (NARYSEC)
- EWSETA (Energy and Water Sector Education and Training Authority )
- Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA ) – Professional Driver's License (envisaged programme)
- ETDP Seta – End User Computing.
- FOODBEV Seta – Food Packaging NQF Level 1 – (Envisaged programme offering)-Lecturer placement in conjunction with Bidvest.
- Wholesale and Retail Seta
- Petro Mine Cullinan Diamond Mine Tshwane North College is intending to set up a campus at Cullinan to offer Occupational skills and short skills (2016).
- SAMSUNG - Refrigeration and air conditioners at Temba Campus.
- DHET SKILLING OF STAFF
- ZEST WEG Group